1. After all connections are made, power on the Omnisport 2000 timer. Initially the LCDs confirm the product, the version and software identification as illustrated below.
2. In almost all cases, the timer name should be set to “OMNI-1”.
Note: Selecting a different name sets the console to a specific IP address when there are multiple consoles on a network (up to 4). Use [↑][↓] to change the name as needed, and then press [ENTER] to continue. (Selecting a different name is uncommon)
3. Using the numeric keypad, enter the date and then then press [ENTER]. Enter time of day in 24 hour format and then press [ENTER]. The date and time appears on each event printed from the Omnisport 2000 console.
4. Use [↑][↓] on the console to select the desired sport, and then press [Enter].
For wireless scoreboards only:
If the timing console includes a radio, then the next step will be to select the broadcast and channel that will communicate with the scoreboard.
1. The LCD shows the current radio settings along with a prompt to accept or modify these values.
The LCD will toggle between these 2 screens
2. If the radio settings are correct press [ENTER].
3. If these values are incorrect press [CLEAR], and the LCD below is shown, allowing edit of the channel or broadcast group setting.
4. Use the number keys to enter the desired broadcast group and press [ENTER] to accept. The asterisk will move to the channel setting.
5. Edit the channel number to the desired value and press [ENTER] to accept.